Thursday, February 18, 2016

Want to see a movie that doesn't disappoint?

Wow, I guess when a movie stays on your mind for days, it can certainly go down in the books as a great one.  I had the extraordinaire pleasure of going to the movies, not once last week but twice in just 8 days. Basically unheard of for me, as I don't go to the theater often at all.  But the first one I'll tell you about in another post, the one I'm speaking of at the moment is "The Finest Hours". My husband and I planned a Valentine night out too late so no reservations for us, but we had a nice dinner locally at a Mexican restaurant we frequent quite often without any delays at all. Since we got lucky on the time spent eating we decided to go to the 7:10 movie Saturday night. I had at least taken time to look up what was playing and watched the trailer for this movie I hadn't even heard of. But it looked like something both of us would enjoy so off we go.

Well I had no clue it was, for starters - a true story - which did it for me from the beginning.
The main character is based on the real life happenings of Bernie Webber in 1952 who was in the coast guard at that time. 74 years ago TODAY the actual story took place in real life which spawned this movie (based on a true story). Too bad our date didn't end up today instead of Saturday. There is something nostalgic when visiting something on it's birthdate so to speak.

"Spoiler Alert" -
 Without knowing the details of the family - I came home wishing Mr. Webber could have lived to see this movie.

"End of SA" -
 I have no clue why anyone would even wait this long to make it, but I'm glad Disney Films did. And as usual Disney does not disappoint on this one.  I actually felt myself sinking in the seat while watching it, covering my face partially with my coat, crying and smiling and crying again. I became so interested in it, I've looked up and read articles online etc.. just to get up to speed on the real-life information and I hope you will too.

And might I say, "Hunk" (lead role) played by Chris Pine - did not disappoint with his slow to the punch, sad and honorable disposition.

Let me know what you thought about the movie in the comments below. I would love to hear your view.

As far as a movie, I personally have to suggest this one to all my friends (men & women).

Check out the trailer below:


No comments :

Post a Comment